Monday, November 10, 2008

Class [once again]

I am in a really great mood tonight; I am over-eager, ecstatic and experiencing the pure joy that comes only from academia and class participation. I spoke up so much in class today and every time the professor grinned widely - it was a reassuring grin that at once acknowledged how difficult it is for me to communicate what I really mean articulately in German and thanked me for participating - and I really grasped the theme of tonight's class (cognition in animals, specifically corvids and apes). Although I am sure the professor thinks I perked up because one of the articles was in English, - and that is in fact partly true - it was also that the subject matter was interesting. I was frustrated though, because parts of the powerpoint were still in English, and when we explained theories, we had to use the English terms.... I wanted to know the exact translation to use for the paper later.

At the end of the class, I finally worked up the courage to talk to the guy who had mentioned in the second class that he had worked with autistic children. I asked him about opportunities in Munich and he gave me the name of a large program that I can find out more about online and can find lots of work or internship opportunities.

No comments: