Saturday, August 30, 2008

München

I always write emails to people and realize that what I said is the same as what I would post:

Munich is amazing, amazing, amazing. Pardon my redunancy, but there is no proper way to describe it. It feels a lot like Portland, actually, only much flatter. It's as if all the hilliness was saved for the mountains. Bärbel (my conversation leader from German 101 and 102 freshman year) picked us up from the airport, and she is working for the Munich Program! It's great to see a familiar face.


I have been spending a lot of time with Nico, Carin, Rebecca and Bryce walking around the Englische Garten, some shops and this beautiful old cemetary. It was very nice to have a picnic in the sun and talk about everything we are looking forward to and nervous about. We allowed ourselves to speak English for now so that we can catch up on all that happened during the summer. There is a great little bar and restaurant right nearby that we checked out last night. I am working on my Swiss accent and enjoying the sense of comradery that comes with a program like this.

No comments: