Sunday, April 26, 2009

Contentment

I am realizing now that I wasn't terribly happy last semester. In retrospect, it's easy to blur events, but I think they were more blurred while I experienced them. I had some really enjoyable times, but now I think of how early it became dark, how cold it was and how I didn't have any consistent excercise or art (except that which was self-directed and confined to my room).

Wishing that I could experience biking during the summer in Portland once again has now been replaced with having an effective, if shaky, bike here. I feel in charge, and am not taking any courses that I don't want to. The problem with this is that I have so many couses and like them all, even the KSZE & Westeuropa one... I mean, I do not adore that classtime or the speed at which the Munich-born professor speaks, but even so, the subject matter is fascinating.

Some significant developments have been made and happen to coincide with the start of Spring and the end of my travels (for now):

1. I am no longer scared of or intimidated by politics or [neuro]science.
2. I feel very capable and brave, and see being alone as a very positive state for this time in my life.

*Photo taken in Rietberg Park in Zürich.

2 comments:

Ash Ponders said...

It's spring in Europe! It's time to be single, but not alone.

sarabelle said...

Hah yes, I meant alone in the greater sense, both single and very independent. I do have friends here, but tend to have a lot of time to myself as well. Are you still in Spain? Or at least in Europe?